Saturday, September 12, 2009

Different day, same garbage...

More corruption exposed within a 'community organization' that our government has allotted 8.5 billion tax dollars to.
Thousands of average, every day people to march on Washington D.C today to protest a government that either doesn't understand The Constitution, or is ignoring it to further an agenda that both party's seem to support.
Despite 'happy' reports, our county's economy is still in a state of recession.
But the news of the day around here is college football. Our news media has it's priorities straight.

On the lighter side... everyone needs some recreational down time.
I occasionally play video games, I enjoy RPGs like the Final Fantasy series, but this week I found a game I thought I'd hate, was actually fun.

The Beatles Rock Band is a blast to play.
I've always thought; why play a game? Pick up an instrument and make music!
My kids had me jump in to sing and play drums on songs that were the soundtrack of my youth.
Perhaps it the fact I know these songs so well, I don't need to read the words to sing along, and I have a pretty good idea what's going to happen with the guitar and drums... it's just which button to push that's driving me crazy. Pushing a button is nothing like having your fingers on the fret board, or a pick hitting the strings.... drums? I just beat the heck out of them.
Apologies for my sad, sad vocals to John Lennon, George Harrison, and Paul McCartney....
Ringo Starr, I think I probably sound like Ringo, or maybe Bob Dylan....Tom Waits?

btw... I never did acid, I barely drank... but several of the cut scenes HAVE to be what one would experience while tripping.
That game made me feel like I was 12 years old again.
And given today's non-headlines, I needed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment