Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A piece from The Planets

I am not a know-it-all where 'classical' music is concerned. I've listened to more then most people I know, but that doesn't count for much. There are a number of works I truly enjoy, one of the being Gustav Holst's; The Planets.
Somewhere, some how you've heard bits of this wonderful compilation of music, be it a disc, a commercial, or a movie soundtrack.

I was just poking around in YouTube and found this contemporary take on "Jupiter" by a Japanese pop star named Ayaka Hirahara.

Here's the translated lyrics...
Every day I listen to my heart to find I'm not alone 'cause you're a part of me deep in my heart forever and ever. The star that shines upon all of us over time, endless time has told that it's a wonder that we have forgathered. Every day I listen to my heart We know we're not alone. This universe is holding all of us in its loving arms.I ask myself what can I do for you with these two hands of mine. Let me touch softly your pain away

Some purists will see it as blasphemy, just as they did Emerson, Lake, and Palmer's work in the 70's... but I LIKE IT!






No comments:

Post a Comment