Saturday, February 6, 2010

Robin Hood

Given the DVDs on my shelf, and the movies I feel stimulated my heart and mind (and I actually spent money on), I'd have to say Ridley Scott is one of my favorite directors.
I know Legend was not a great movie, but Scott's vision of what that world would look like made it so that even I, could watch a Tom Cruise movie.

I just saw a trailer for his next release... Robin Hood.
Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett star, so that's a good start.It could be wonderful, or dreadful, but given Ridley Scott's track record I have to think it will be the former.

Regardless, it will probably wind up on my DVD shelf.



...btw, LOTS of snow outside.
We are used to snow in central Ohio, but yesterday's storm HAD to be one in the top (or bottom) 3 worse driving days* I've been on the road in. (An ice storm and the 1978 blizzard, being worse.)
Cars off the road everywhere, and most folks were doing no more then 10 MPH.
At one point as I was driving up a steep hill to my house, my vehicle turned sideways and was sliding down hill. Fortunately, there were no other cars close to me... THAT was embarrassing, and a little scary.

Today I get to shovel the driveway some more, after spending most of my afternoon yesterday doing the same... I really have to save money for a snow blower.

No comments:

Post a Comment