Sunday, January 10, 2010

Video games

If you see my profile you'll know I'm not spring rooster, but I still enjoy playing some video games.

I've never been a 'first-person-shooter' type person, though I've played and enjoyed several mixed genre f-p-s games, most notably "Dead Space". Deed Space incorporated the 'f-p-s' into a sci-fi/horror game. Nothing like dismembering human/alien mutants in a ship that is more claustrophobic then the Nostromo... or any haunted house in a movie.
I also enjoyed playing Assassin's Creed, another sci-fi themed game, where you are held captive and you are subjected to being tested and analyzed in a manner that your DNA or 'genetic-memory' takes you back to the life of one of your fore-fathers in the time of the crusades... your memories are of Altair, an assassin who you get to control... even though the events have already happened.

Both games feature almost realistic cutscenes and the game play movement is very realistic.
We've come a long way from the first Nintendo game console I owned almost 25 years ago.
Now, between my son and I, we have PS3, XBox, Wii, PSP, and a DSi.
Me, I like Sony electronics, always have from stereo equipment in the 70's, TV's in the 80's and 90's to gaming consoles in the 2000's.

Anyway, I hope my son doesn't kill me when he finds I returned to my video game first-love of Role Playing Games on his PSP by downloading Final Fantasy VIII.
I LOVE ALL THE FINAL FANTASY GAMES I'VE PLAYED and was excited to see this game in particular as I never played it.
To date, my favorite has been, FF7, but I've talked to many that love 8 and read posts from many, many more that prefer 8 to all others. So now I'll get to see.

Check out this clip from FF7 of the best 'bad guy' in video game history...


Sony's PlayStation Network is starting to add older 'classic' video games to it's list of down loadable games.
Heck, $10.00 American isn't bad for any FF game!

So I think I'll start playing it, or at least watching the opening scenes as soon as I post this message.
This is the perfect time of the year for video games. It's about 18 degrees F. outside right now and it's mid-day. Even our dog doesn't want to go out!
IT will take me weeks, or perhaps months to complete this game, It's long and I've just started school and so time will be minimized for me.

That's it for now...

2 comments:

  1. I loved FF7. My favourite J-RPG ever.

    FF8... I remember getting to a dungeon and having a boss fight that took around an hour to finish, finally beat it, then it re-spawned as the TOUGH version... arrgghhhh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh...I spent days chained to a couch ordered to read the book that went with FF8. Not a game I enjoyed. :(

    Good cut scenes, though. FF7? Yeah that had to be their best one. Though Tactics was cool--if you can find it these days.

    ReplyDelete