Thursday, October 8, 2009

A God of Love... and Fury

It had been almost 20 years since I'd last heard this song, but last night I found it on YouTube.

Being a 'right-wing religious nut' (I'm not worthy of God, but He loves me anyway) this piece still makes the hair on my arms stand on end.
The 'end-times' as told in the book of The Revelation of Saint John is pretty awesome reading, couple that with faith and it is almost frightening. Not frightening for the believer, but because of the magnitude of the events and the outcome for many.
President Barack Obama rode the phrase "Change you can believe in." all the way to the White House... The Beatles sang; "You say you want a revolution, well you know, we all wanna change the world..."

If you are a believer, you know a change is coming.
Just when, no one with breath knows... but it is coming none-the-less.

If your not a believer, you'll probably view this piece as a myth, or just plain silly, and that's okay. It's still a pretty good example of mid-80's album oriented rock, so give it a listen.
But I would ask you to look for the God of love. After all, what's the worst that could happen?... nothing at all, or you just might find something you'd never imagined possible.

The Fury (1985)

~ A.D.



I was fortunate enough to see A.D (interesting lineage) in a high school auditorium back in '85. They opened with this song and it blew everyone away.

...next entry will be lighter, I promise. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. But when an atheist and a Christian turn up together at Valhalla, who is Odin going to be least happy to see?..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valhalla?!
    ...and I was so hoping for an opportunity to spend some time in Tír na nÓg.

    ReplyDelete